Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Today's the Day!

Today, June 15, 2010, I am leaving for Zambia! I cannot even describe the excitement I am feeling. In two hours I will be leaving for the airport in Boston. I am all packed (finally!) and hopefully I did not forget anything! This experience seems surreal to me! At this moment I feel like the luckiest person alive. I know it is not the typical way to spend the summer, but in all honesty there is nowhere else that I would rather be. I cannot imagine how amazing this will be and I am so so excited to get to Zambia and meet all the children and families.
This trip is a big deal for me and I hope that with everything I do I can make the most out of it, there is so much to learn from a mission trip like this one and I am very fortunate to have this experience!

I will be gone for 3 and a half weeks (until July 9th) and during my time in Africa I won't have access to Internet or computer (or phones). So I will be writing in a journal everyday my experiences and memories and when I get back I will post the journal and pictures that I will be taking! So this it, I'll be back later!

No comments:

Post a Comment